Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Fun

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a homebody. I love spending time at home and have no problem going an entire week just hanging out in our yard and in our home. But I do have two social butterflies who love to go out and do stuff with their friends! So we've been doing some fun summer activities. Last week we went to a free Veggie Tales Pirates movie, then played in the fountain afterwards. And another day we went to Burke Lake Park and rode the train, the merry-go-round and had lunch & ice cream. I love seeing the joy on the kids' faces while they have a blast, and I love that they usually walk around holding hands while they do stuff.

Yes, fully clothed - trying to keep the water from popping up

Brody had no problem getting right in the water spray!

Skyla, Brody and Elena getting up their courage to join the "big kids"

I love this picture. My little man.

Burke Lake Park - riding the train

On the merry-go-round. This is the first time Brody wasn't scared.

2 comments:

Jessica Middleton said...

Fun, fun fun! Did they totally crash or what?!

Sam, Harmony, Maddy, and Lilly said...

I am a homebody too! I think it more thanks to the "cruise director" Jessica who plans all these fun things..haha..